Manor Gardens Centre
6-9 Manor Gardens
London N7 6LA
Tel: 020 7281 3485
AGLOW: Association of Greater London Older Women
What we do:
- Campaign for improved status, rights and services for older women.
- Challenge ageism, sexism, homophobia, racism, disableism and much more.
- Hold conferences and workshops on health, social care and education issues.
- Use drama based on our members' experiences to raise awareness and promote good practice.
- Perform at conferences, festivals, workshops, forums, day centres, schools, and colleges (the photo shows us at a garden party in Purley in August 2011).
Funding and awards
We're funded by City Parochial Fund and the Co-operative Community Fund, and supported by the London Health Commission.
In 2010 we won the Community Cohesision Award from the London Health Commission for our "performance work challenging ageism across service deliverers and getting people talking about good practice and how it can be achieved".
Ruth Carnell, Chief Executive of NHS London, said "I'd like to personally congratulate the Association of Greater London Older Women for their award. The work they have done to raise awareness and challenge ageism along with other forms of discrimination across health and social care is truly fantastic."
The photo shows two of our members, Jo Panter and Pat Holt, receiving the award from Pat Hughes of LHC and Mike Bell of London NHS.
We're a registered charity, and donations are always welcome.